Friday, April 29, 2011
Teacher Dana made this bright and complicated star quilt (96" square). I finally finished it today...it's been on the machine since last Sunday. It was a challenge to come up with creative ways to highlight each and every star. I used Sew Fine and Lava on top and MagnaGlide in the bobbin.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Due to popular demand :-) I'm sharing photos of my added lighting for my Gammill. It's sometimes quite a challenge to see clearly where I've been or where I'm going when the thread matches the fabric a bit too well. I found a solution by clipping two Ikea task lights to my Gammill handles and angling one from the left-side back and one from the right-side front. Now, this solution isn't "pretty" as the cords wrap and wind and travel to the back where they are joined with the machine power cord and eventually plug in next to it--it does, however, work beautifully! Thanks, Ikea, for those amazingly LONG cords!