I had so much fun playing with this one. Martha wanted something different in each round and her wish was my command! DH Daryl used a free pattern (wish I could remember from where...) and did his talented thing to create templates for the four corners and center piece. I used gold on the top throughout and black in the bobbin for the outer most border; however, the other borders gave me a bit of trouble with the black bobbin thread coming through to the top, so I switched to gold in the bobbin. That adjustment gave the added bonus of a bit of bling--besides, you can hardly see the stitching on the top.