Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Crazy Toes and Heels

On Saturday, six of us Albuquerque area knitters got together to learn how to create two socks on two circular needles. As of this morning, you can see my progress. It may not look like much, but I'm thrilled with this! Shortly before leaving on a trip I tried to master this technique as socks are such a good travel project...I gave up and my previous socks were done on double pointed needles.
Lynne Neighbors led our small group and she is such a patient teacher that I've managed to catch on! These are begun at the toe end and I've added the necessary stitches for toe width, and am now just knittin' round and round...
We've put in a group order for Queen Kahuna's "Crazy Toes and Heels" book as it's her techniques Lynne is teaching us.
Hmmm...these look a bit like Jerry Garcia glasses...
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: