Thursday, February 23, 2006

My first cable sweater for my best guy!

Darling husband Daryl is shown wearing his new sweater begun in late December. This "Aran Pullover Sweater" pattern came from Lion Brand Yarn's site, and I used Wool-ease worsted weight yarn called "Fisherman". I cast on the sweater in late December, 2005, took it off the needles on February 17th. It took a couple of evenings to carefully join the parts and then it was blocked on February 23rd. Yippee!! I'm very pleased with its overall appearance although I think the sleeves should have been shorter (and I measured twice!) and the neck band higher/tighter.
I enjoyed working with cables and so today I'll begin my next project, an Aran Poncho, designed by "Patons Design Studio".
 Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Christine said...

Very nice.

Suz said...

Gorgeous!!! Excellent job. Congratulations.

cathy said...

wonderful job you did . it turned out great. lucky hubby

Shelly Hattan said...

Great job. I think the collar is just fine. Just a beautiful sweater! You should be proud!

Kat said...

Wow, that sweater looks great! I think the collar and sleeves are perfect. :-) Your other work is gorgeous, too!

Anonymous said...

Good job! It looks great and it fits him well.

StickLena said...

My sincere congratulations! Hard to believe it really is the first cable sweater...Be proud!

AmyP said...

I came here from the AK list and I just had to say - great sweater!

Virginia said...

Beautiful work, congratulations. Wow if that is your first cables effort, what next? Just lovely and what a fantastic present!

Anonymous said...

What they said! :-)

rho said...

wow that is beautiful -- I think the sleeves and neck look great though.

lucky hubby!!

Katherine Darnell said...

Just beautiful! Really enjoyed your blog with all your projects! Thank you for sharing.

DukTape said...

Great job, and fast, too. The neckline looks just right to me. Your hubby doesn't need dark glasses to hide his identity - he should be proud of his nice sweater and his talented wife. (tee hee)

Sig said...

Hi guys! The sweater is super. Daryl looks great in it (of course).

Tropic-Knitter said...

Like someone else already said, hard to believe that is your first cable sweater. Absolutely wonderful job.